Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Toffee-Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies

This weekend, I'm home... like parents house home. I'm from Pembroke, which is pretty much as small-town as Massachusetts goes. Its a tiny town, with not much to do. Basically all this means is that I have an abundance of free time and a beautiful kitchen. This wonderful combination means that the southern girl in me won today - I BAKED.

Are you surprised? Probably not. My parents were definitely not.

Well, here's another recipe post, taken from Real Simple! My roommate Michaela found the recipe. Unfortunately, my wonderful baking friends are away this weekend. Therefore, this was a solo adventure.

Toffee-Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies

And yes... they are just as delicious as they look and sound.
And they have the most basic ingredients!

Here ya go.


2 Cups Peanut Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Eggs
2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Pretzels [crushed]
1 Cup Heath Bars [crushed]
...

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

In a large mixing bowl, throw the first six ingredients together [peanut butter, sugars, eggs, baking soda, & salt] and mix well. This is pretty much the peanut butter cookie base. 

Now add the crushed heath bars and pretzels. This is where you really have to put your back into the mixing. Try and mix well so the pretzels and heath bars are distributed throughout. I'll confess I put in some extra heath bar...

Form the dough into pretty good sized cookies and place them on the baking sheets with a couple inches between. Keep in mind that the dough doesn't really spread all that much so no need to worry about them hitting each other.

Take a fork and press the cookies with a crisscross on top. If you want [and I did], you can sprinkle a tiny bit of salt on top for flavor. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes, rotating halfway through. I baked for 6 minutes, rotated, then baked for 5 minutes. Once the cookies have browned a bit and solidified, they're ready to be eaten... I mean, taken out to cool. 







If you're wondering what happened to the last cookie... I was eating it as I took the picture. These are perfect for a free afternoon or a last minute dessert. They are DELICIOUS and super easy.
Who wants some!?


ENJOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment