Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Deciphering the Pieces


Decisions decisions.

Growing up, it seems easy to picture life as a puzzle. And with every step of the way, you fill in another piece. Easy peazy, as my coworker would say. What I didn't realize is that instead of life being one of those 10-piece puzzles for children, it's actually a 500-piece monstrosity. You know, one of those puzzles that seems like a good idea when you pull the box out. But then, you realize you're only half-way through and all you have left is the sky. 

Finish high school - corner pieces all found. 
Finish college - border done. 
Now comes the hard part... the decision of where to go from there. That is exactly where I am in my life. I finished college. Now I get to choose what I would like to do. But what happens when I'm given endless possibilities? I am unable to choose any of them. The amount of directions that I can choose from seems overwhelming. If I knew my dream job or had the perfect way to spend my life figured out, I would be going after that full force. Instead, I'm stuck trying to rack my brain regularly to find some profession that I would want to dedicate my time and energy and life to. During this time, I find myself clinging to the things I do know.

These are a couple things that I know:

I know that I want to do big things.
I know that I want to live in the suburbs.
I know that I want to work with people.
I know that I never want to live an hour from my job ever again. 
I know that I want to travel. 
I know that I want to be a good friend. 
I know that I want to make my family, friends, and boyfriend proud.
And [most importantly] I know that God will never leave me or forsake me.

While these may seem meaningless to everyone else and somewhat of a random grouping of thoughts, these truths stick with me and ground me in a way. I don't have much figured out. But in a sense, that's okay. God is molding me to rely solely on Him. Its almost like I keep finding pieces of the puzzle that I recognize. They just don't have a place yet. Someday, I will figure it out. Someday, my puzzle will start to become more clear.

You may be asking yourself Why is Catherine rambling on about a puzzle and truths? I am convinced that I am not the only one going through this weird time in life... mostly because I've already talked to at least four people this week having these same thoughts. What I really want people to hear is that this is completely normal and completely OKAY. Take your time, think about what you want. Cling to your truths. Have patience. Did I mention have patience? You are not alone. Pinky promise!

Jeremiah 29:11-13

x,
CB


P.S. Find some wonderful people and don't let them go. See below for some of my wonderful people. [emphasis on some :)]





I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment